From Wellington Cathedral of St Paul
This online tour contains extracts from the Cathedral guide book written by Judy Bradwell.
The plan below draws your attention to some of the main features of the Cathedral. Please click on the links in the text below the map to view more information and photographs.
More details may be obtained from guide books on the entrance table of the Cathedral and for sale in the Cathedral shop by the entrance porch.
- 1 Main entrance and Commemorative Tower
- 2 Narthex or entrance porch and engraved glass panels
- 3 Chapel Without Walls
- 4 Landmarks Project
- 5 Chunuk Bair Memorial
- 6 Tribute to the building industry
- 7 Stained glass windows in the nave
- 8 Holm window
- 9 Holland porch and bell tower
- 10 Cross of nails
- 11 Chancel, organ and commemorative stained glass windows
- 12 Modern Madonna mosaic
- 13 Bishop’s chair
- 14 Sedilia - seats for clergy and assisting ministers
- 15 Altar
- 16 Dossal - altar hanging
- 17 Ambulatory stained glass windows
- 18 Lady Chapel and stained glass windows
- Hidden spaces
Visitors to the Cathedral can ask to see the bells, the commemorative room and collection of historic flags.